Call 9 to 5 (Mon - Fri)
Professional movie making since 1982
ask for Allen Markow
Planning a Celebration of Life Party
The loss of a loved one is not easy. Attending a funeral can make the experience that much more difficult when you are surrounded by a room of people who are overwhelmed with sadness.
A better option might just be a celebration of life get together or party.
A celebration of life is a great way to pay tribute to a loved one and celebrate the good times they had with them. This is where Rest In Peace Video can help.
A celebration of life should be focused around the Who, Where, and How.
Who is the celebration of life for? It is important to celebrate the life of the deceased, you need to remember that the event is not for them. Its main purpose is to allow the family to say goodbye, give them closure, and begin the healing process.
Where will this event take place? A celebration of life is they can take place just about anywhere. Many families often hold them at the funeral home or the deceased’s home as these venues often offer a beautiful space for loved ones and friends to gather.
How will you honor your loved one at the event? This is when you can begin thinking about what you would like the celebration to include such as a
REST IN PEACE VIDEO tribute for everyone to gather around and watch and enjoy.
Celebration of Life Ideas
1. Who will be invited? The number of guests define the where, when, and how of your celebration-of-life party will be like.
2. Where, and when, should the event take place? Be sure to check in with out-of-town relatives and friends about their situation before settling on these critical details.
3. Who will orchestrate or conduct the event? If your loved one was religious, you may opt to have their pastor or church minister perform these tasks. However, many families today just do it on their own.
4. Who wishes to speak at the event? Many times family members or friends will be very direct about their desire to make a short presentation at the celebration-of-life; other times you need to come out and ask folks if they would be willing to publicly share their thoughts and feelings. Sometimes the Rest In Peace Video tribute will be the main presentation which always goes over well.
5. What group activities would be appropriate? This question involves thinking about what your loved one liked most about their life and gives everyone a remarkable space to share memories, laugh, and even cry together.
6. What food or beverages should be served? What you serve may depend on the theme of your celebration-of-life, or may be based on your loved one's favorite dishes.
7. What readings and music should you include? Music is an integral part of life for many people, and a celebration-of-life is the perfect event in which to showcase the meaningful music of your loved one's life.
8. What details of your loved one's life do you want to share with guests? Sometimes you can reveal their character by detailing one short moment in their life experience.
9. What decorations will you have? You may choose to use a memory table of photographs and other memorabilia.
10. What day and time will the celebration of life event take place.